At the event in New York, Apple announced the new MacBook Air along with the iPad Pro and Mac Mini. The MacBook Air comes with Retina display, Touch ID, and Apple T2 Security Chip. It is made of 100% recycled aluminium. In this article, we are going to have a look at the specifications of the brand-new MacBook Air.
The all-new Apple MacBook Air comes with a 13.3-inch LED-backlit display with IPS technology, 2560×1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch (ppi), and 16:10 aspect ratio. The MacBook Air has an integrated Touch ID sensor.
The device is powered by the 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz and 4MB L3 cache. There’s Intel UHD Graphics 617. It comes with 8GB/16GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB/512GB/1.5TB of internal storage.
The MacBook Air has Two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, stereo speakers, and three microphones. The device comes with a built-in 50.3-watt-hour lithium polymer battery which has up to 30 days of standby time.
This new MacBook Air packs a 720p FaceTime HD camera. The MacBook Air features the Apple T2 Security Chip. It’s a second generation custom Mac silicon designed by Apple to make MacBook Air even more secure.
Apple MacBook Air weighs just 1.25 kilograms. It is 15.6mm thin.
MacBook Air (2018) Specifications
- Display: 13.3-inch Retina Display
- Operating system: MacOS
- Processor: 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 617
- RAM: 8GB/16GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1.5TB
- Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Ports: 2 USB Type-C (Thunderbolt 3), 3.5mm headphone jack, etc.
- Other features: Touch ID sensor, Stereo speakers, Three microphones, Force Touch Trackpad, up to 12 hours of battery life, etc.
- Dimensions: 4.1mm–15.6mm×304.1mm×212.4mm
- Weight : 1.25kg
MacBook Air (2018) Price
The new Apple MacBook Air is priced at $1,199 in the US. In India, it will be available for Rs 1,14,900. It will be available in three different colours – Gold, Silver, and Space Grey.