An online presence is a must if you’re doing business these days. Without it, you’re undoubtedly missing out on a lot of potential clients.
Even if you don’t want to shell out a lot of money on expensive marketing campaigns, creating a simple website and social media pages to go along with it should be good enough for a start.
And while you’re at building an online website for your business, we also highly recommend that you add a payment gateway to it for safer and quicker transactions.
Not only does a payment gateway make it easier to accept payments, but also it might be the most convenient option for your customers in a time like the one we’re going through right now with the ongoing pandemic.
Regardless of whether you own a mover business like this website or an online bakery that offers home delivery of fresh sweets, integrating a payment gateway is the only and best way forward during the current pandemic situation.
Also, now with a good percent of transactions happening through smartphones and tablets, ensuring your website runs smoothly on such devices should be a priority.
With online payments on the rise, several banks and payment technology companies, including North American Bancard, have come forward with their own merchant services payment gateways that you can easily integrate without requiring any coding skills.
However, in this article, we will be teaching you on how to install NAB’s Velocity payment gateway on your WordPress website with WooCommerce. And without further ado, let’s get started!
- Firstly, you need to download the Velocity WordPress plugin that is available in .zip format.
- Extract the downloaded file, and you will come across a folder named ‘woocommerce-velocity’ inside the extracted folder. You need to re-zip this folder.
- Now, go to the WP admin panel and click on the ‘Plugins’ option from the dashboard.
- Since you’re going to be uploading a new plugin from your computer, go ahead and click on the ‘Add new’ button on the top.
- Select the ‘woocommerce-velocity.zip’ file from the window and click the ‘Install Now’ button.
- The installation process may take a while, depending on your internet connection.
- After the install is complete, go to Plugins -> Installed Plugins.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button next to the Velocity plugin from the list.
- Now that the plugin is active, it is time to configure the gateway through WooCommerce settings, and to do so, click on WooCommerce from the WP dashboard.
- Switch to the ‘Checkout’ tab from the top menu, and select ‘Velocity’ from the available gateway options. Scroll down and make sure the ‘Enable Velocity’ option is checked on and enabled.
- Scroll further down and provide all necessary details, including ApplicationprofileID and MerchantprofileID.
- When you’re all set, you can go ahead and test if everything works perfectly by checking the ‘Enable test mode’ option and running a test transaction through the payment gateway.
Authorize.net, PayPal Pro, Stripe, Square, Amazon Pay, Skrill, 2Checkout are among the other popular and secure payment gateway options available for WooCommerce users right now.